This policy relates to all information provided by you either:
- in the process of buying goods or services from us as a client or customer, or
- to assist us in providing any service wherein you agree to do so with us, or
- in your capacity as our sales partner or affiliate, or
- in your capacity as our supplier or customer or client.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with Singapore law and with the laws of all jurisdictions of which we are aware. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are filing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request
- for answering your enquiries
- for verifying your identity for security purposes
- for marketing our services and products
- information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
2. Your domain name and e-mail address are recognized by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded.
This information is used:
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up
- to tell you about other www.guitarfaculty.com services or services of sister websites.
3. Financial information relating only to your credit cards
This information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
4. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
5. Business and personal information
This includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We need to keep all such information to continue to serve you. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
6. Third party advertising
7. Your e-mail address is recorded when you send e-mail to us.
We shall use it only to correspond with you or otherwise strictly in accordance with your instructions. We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically.
8. Update your information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
A cookie is information that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. We may then request the return of that information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
10. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
11. Affiliate information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organization, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
12. Disclosure to Government and their agencies.
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order.
13. At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
14. We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside www.guitarfaculty.com under any circumstances.
15. Data may be “processed” outside of Singapore
Our website is hosted in the US. But we use outsourced services in countries outside the Singapore from time to time in all aspects of our business. Accordingly data obtained within the Singapore may be “processed” outside the Singapore and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with current Singapore, US and EU legislation, so far as we are aware.
If you have any question regarding the confidentiality policy, please contact us.